Senior Research Associate (In Vivo Pharmacology)
We are looking for a highly motivated in vivo biologist to become a key member of the Crinetics team. This individual will be an integral part of our effort to discover small molecule therapeutics for specialty endocrine disorders. This is a growth and learning opportunity in a small company environment.
- Designing and conducting pre-clinical in vivo experiments to evaluate the efficacy and pharmacokinetics of therapeutic candidate molecules
- New animal model development
- Conducting in vitro ADME assays and communicating results to project team
- Analysis of experimental data using MS Office, Prism, or comparable software
- BS, MS or relevant experience in Biology, Pharmacology, Neuroscience, Toxicology or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in conducting rodent in vivo pharmacology, PK, and toxicology studies
- Hands-on proficiency in rodent handling procedures and in vivo skills including basic surgical techniques, dosing (IV, PO), blood and tissue collection, necropsy, etc.
- Must be independent and able to follow pre-established experimental designs, as well as develop new methods and protocols or technologies as needed
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and be enthusiastic for both animal and laboratory work
- Must be a team-player, detail oriented, punctual, reliable, and available on weekends when necessary
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary environment
Benefits include health insurance and stock options. To apply, please email CV to email@example.com. Only San Diego area residents will be considered. Crinetics is a pet-friendly workplace.
Crinetics is a young, ambitious, company with a small and closely-knit team focused on the discovery and development of new drugs. The quality of our team and science is our top priority and only truly lasting competitive advantage. We offer the opportunity to learn and grow with the guidance of a leadership team that cares about your success. You will have the chance to make a real contribution to the success of our company and to improve the lives of patients. All full time employees are eligible for benefits and receive stock options.
Our hiring process is focused on finding new members who can best help us drive projects forward, help create new projects, and keep this a great place to work. We also want to make Crinetics a great opportunity for you. All CVs are reviewed by a member of the senior management team. Many applications will be discussed in depth. A handful of candidates will be called or invited to meet us for coffee. A few will be invited for on-site interviews to meet the rest of the team.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter outlining how you are a fit for the position. We wish we could respond to all applicants individually, but there simply isn’t enough time. If we have friends in common, we suggest you have them forward us your CV along with their recommendation and we will review it with extra care and attention.